Transportation Department - Letter to Parents
district Transportation Department is committed to providing safe and
efficient transportation for all students, staff and employees. Safety
is our number one goal and we take pride in our record, which is a great
reflection on our 182 drivers and our training staff. Our buses travel
over 11,000 miles daily and approximately 2,245,000 miles per year.
we make every effort to ensure the safety of students on the bus and at
the bus stop there are situations that require your assistance and
participation in order to ensure the safety of your children when
walking to and from the bus stop. Sometimes, children can be exposed to a
dangerous situation because of their own or others behavior.
When walking to the bus stop or to school, please remind your child to follow a few basic safety tips:
- Cross streets at the corner.
- Use crosswalks whenever possible.
- Obey traffic signals.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Stay on the sidewalk.
Safety tips for children at the bus stop:
- Stay on the sidewalk and don’t play in the street.
- Stay back from the curb as the bus approaches.
- Always cross the street in front of the bus.
- When you get off the bus, move away from the bus.
Transportation - Start of School Tips
- Attend Open House at your student’s school for additional route information.
- Take your child to the bus stop prior to the start of school.
- To avoid confusion when riding home on the bus, have your student ride the morning bus.
- Make sure your child knows his/her name and address, if not, write this information inside their backpack.